Thursday, August 8, 2013

GF Honey Ham and Mozzarella Pizza

Today's recipe is dedicated to all of you who crave something hot and delicious but don't have time to create something from scratch! You can use all store bought ingredients to make this meal and it only takes about 20 minutes from beginning to end.

But before we get to the recipe, a short story from my past:

It was a sad day for me when I discovered my gluten allergy. My sadness was compounded by the fact that I was living in Rome, Italy. ROME! ITALY! You know, the place where EVERYTHING is pizza, pasta and pastry?! It was painful to give up my lunch time pasta and my dinnertime pizza, but it was time for me to get well. I couldn't really complain because I was living in ROME!

So the point is, having lived in Italy, I know what real pizza is supposed to taste like. Many crusts (gluten-full or otherwise) do not live up to the amazing taste and texture of a truly Italian pizza unless you are over there. That said, when I make GF pizza, I choose to use the Kinnikinnick Brand frozen pizza crusts because they have a nice flavor, texture and are convenient to keep around for days like this, when I don't have a lot of time to cook. This crust is so far from a traditional crust that I don't mind its departure and I tend to think of it as a completely different vehicle for sauce and cheese.

So give it a try and let me know what you think!

Ingredients
1 Kinnikinnick Brand GF Pizza Crust
3-4 slices Boar's Head Honey Maple Ham, pulled into chunks
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3-5 tbsp marinara sauce

Method
Make a pizza and stick it in the oven! Enjoy!

Note: Boar's Head meats are all certified Gluten Free... and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment