Saturday, May 4, 2013

Best. Dessert. Ever. 3 Ingredients.

I loooooooove dessert. But sometimes I don't have time to bake and I am craving something sweet....

The following recipe is probably the simplest of all the desserts that I make as there are just three ingredients and it takes a total of about 4 minutes to prepare. I love that there is no added sugar needed and you can celebrate almost fresh seasonal fruit by accompanying it with the cream.  I recently hosted a party at our house and was asked at least 10 times how I made the cream... Read on to find out how you can impress your guests, loved one, or yourself with a top notch dessert!

3 Ingredients:

Fresh Strawberries (or any type of berry really; I have made this with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and sometimes a combination of all of them!)
  Lemon Curd
(I love the Trader Joe's lemon curd... it is only $2.99 and saves me the trouble of making lemon curd from scratch when I am short on time.)
 Whipped Cream Cheese












     Sooooo...... 
How do you make these three things taste amazing??
1) Slice the strawberries...  

2) Take about 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese... 
(or regular cream cheese- I just find that the whipped kind is easier to stir by hand!) 


3) Add 2 tablespoons of Lemon Curd... 
(I prefer to buy the Trader Joe's brand over making it myself... it is always delicious and is only $3!)


4) Stir like crazy for about 45 seconds... 



5) Put it on a plate and dip the bejeezus out of it!! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment