Thursday, May 2, 2013

mmmm.... french fries...

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that french fries are my all time favorite food. Anytime I have the craving, I do the work myself because I don't trust anyone else. Nothing irritates me more than paying money for fries that suck- especially because I don't want to consume all those calories without that delicious crispiness!

Here is the list of ingredients:
Yukon gold potatoes, hand cut to desired thickness (or thinness, in my case)
Canola oil
Shallots
Sea salt
Shredded Parmesan cheese.

                                  It is a good idea to slice the shallots slightly thicker than you usually do when cooking... the deep fry can shrink them quite a bit!


I prefer my potatoes quite thin... 


Fry the potatoes in the canola oil. Place them on a paper towel. Fry the shallots in the same oil. Place them on the paper towel. Add salt. Sprinkle parmesan. Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment