Friday, July 19, 2013

S'moresberry Pie in a Bowl!

Do you ever run into the predicament where you are craving a s'mores but then you realize that you are a) older than 12  or b) you aren't near a campfire? This happens to me a lot.

I was just messing around a few days ago and stumbled upon a new dessert that is akin to a s'mores, requires only 3 ingredients and it takes less than 5 minutes... and more importantly, it is DELICIOUS!! Even though there is no crust involved, I had to name it a S'moresberry Pie :)

The reason this simple dessert works so well is because the marshmallows get perfectly browned without being burned and it makes a nice chewy layer on top of the ooey gooey melted chocolate and warm berries. I have made this dessert every night since discovering it; neither James nor I can seem to get enough! (I am going to be sure to take more pics as I continue to make this dessert to get one that captures the beauty a little better...)

Ingredients
Marshmallows
Chocolate of your choice
Berries

Method
1) Add a handful of berries to the bottom of an oven-safe bowl
2) Cover the berries with a few chunks of chocolate
3) Cover with marshmallows
4) Place in the toaster oven for 4 minutes at 400F.
5) Grab a spoon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment