Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Coriander and Mustard Parsnip Chips

Ok, so I definitely cheated a little. This was my first time ever making parsnip chips so, of course, I Googled a recipe that looked fun and gave it a whirl... with my own twist, of course.

Here is the recipe I followed: Parsnip Chips by Aarti Sequeria. The changes I made are that I substituted 2 tbl each of dried mustard and coriander instead of garam masala and chile powder and that I cute them into chips instead of fries. The cooking time will be slightly less, depending on how thinly you slice the parsnips. (I left the skinny ends whole and cooked it alongside the chips to make a finger-food snack for Wesley when he wakes up from his morning nap. He can be a pretty adventurous eater for a 15 month old!)

These chips make a tasty (and healthy!) snack and also work well as a crunchy garnish on a more composed dish. As a side bonus, my house now smells of lovely toasted coriander!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment