Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fresh Maine Lobster, Spiced Spinach and Mashed Potatoes

I am so spoiled. Every time we go up to Maine to visit my family we are greeted with feasts fit for kings; I am convinced that my parents are trying to bribe us into moving back there someday!

After an amazing week of kayaking, eating and relaxing, we headed back to Boston with a giant ziploc baggy full of leftover lobster from Saturday's lobster bake. My Pops has perfected the technique for cooking 20 lobsters in the driveway with his military-trained assembly line precision. It is inspiring to watch...

This recipe is quite a bit simpler than most of my dishes since the lobster was cooked by my Pops. For 2 portions, I used 6 lobster claws, 1 bag of baby spinach and a giant bowl of creamy mashed potatoes. The only trick to making this dish is sautéeing the spinach in olive oil, coriander, red pepper flake and a dash of salt.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment